Ontario posts more than 400 new COVID-19 cases as rate of infections continues to rise; Most new coronavirus cases in Ontario found in broader community – Toronto Star

By Star staffwiresSat., May 23, 2020timer6 min. readThe latest novel coronavirus news from Canada and around the world Saturday (this file will be updated throughout the day). Web links to longer stories if available. May 231:30 p.m. The NBA said Saturday it’s eyeing a late-July return to play in Orlando, Fla., while keeping in mind…

Read more

Ontario cancels classes for rest of school year; Canada, U.S. extend border shutdown to non-essential travel to June 21 – Toronto Star

The latest novel coronavirus news from Canada and around the world Tuesday (this file will be updated throughout the day). Web links to longer stories if available.8 p.m.: Another resident has died at Hawthorne Place Care Centre in North York, the home said Tuesday.The COVID-19 outbreak at the home has killed 39 so far.Ninety-six residents…

Read more

Ontario expected to release ‘encouraging’ COVID-19 modelling projections later today; Germany begins partial reopening of the economy – Toronto Star

By Star staffwiresMon., April 20, 2020timer6 min. readThe latest novel coronavirus news from Canada and around the world Monday (this file will be updated throughout the day). Web links to longer stories if available. 8:33 a.m.: Iran on Monday began opening intercity highways and major shopping centres to stimulate its sanctions-choked economy, gambling that it…

Read more

Ontario vastly under-reporting COVID-19 deaths in long-term-care homes – Toronto Star

By Ed TubbToronto StarKenyon WallaceInvestigative ReporterJenna MoonStaff ReporterWed., April 15, 2020timer5 min. readThe agency responsible for protecting the health of Ontarians is vastly under-reporting the number of deaths caused by COVID-19 at long-term-care homes in the province, a Star analysis has found.As of Wednesday morning, Public Health Ontario was reporting 144 residents of Ontario long-term-care…

Read more

Ontario unleashes record spending for COVID-19 pandemic with $17B in emergency measures – Toronto Star

By Robert BenzieQueen’s Park Bureau ChiefRob FergusonQueen’s Park BureauKristin RushowyQueen’s Park BureauWed., March 25, 2020timer5 min. readThe Progressive Conservative government has unleashed a $17 billion COVID-19 plan, plunging the province deeper into the red to tackle a virus that is ravaging Ontario’s health-care system.Finance Minister Rod Phillips on Wednesday injected $3.3 billion more into health…

Read more
%d bloggers like this: